Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Remembering how blessed I am

Last night was once again a beautiful experience with the Women's Cursillo Team. Each time we meet we move closer to God and one another. As we shared last night our various struggles, I was struck by how blessed I truly am. I am healthy, my family and friends are healthy and safe. I am not dealing with a house foreclosure nor with a husband without a job. I am not dealing with how to put food on the table or how to keep a teen on the right track.

I truly am blessed to have wonderful friends and family! Last night we prayed for anyone who is struggling right now that you may have the strength you need today and everyday.

I must say I am a little amazed at the number of candidates for the weekend...we are up to 35. I'm sure it will be a wonderful spirit filled weekend, but WOW...35 women! YAHOO!

My Mum surprised me with a Kay's Bakery cake last night. As we broke for snack out came the cake. I was very surprised and touched that Mum would make sure I was able to celebrate with this group of very special women.

I am filled with the Holy Spirit and the knowledge that I am where I am meant to be for right now.

May peace be with you today and everyday!
Joan

1 comment:

Mary B said...

Happy B'Day to you (tomorrow) and Love you always!