Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Beginning

Each day I search through my favorite blogs and think "Should I start one today?" or "Do I even have anything important to say?" While what I might post may not be important to everyone it may touch just one person by letting them know they are not alone.

My journey begins today. I will start by sharing how wonderfully challenging it is to raise my little boy to be respectful and faithfilled. This weekend I had the pleasure of bringing him to church fully dressed as Darth Vadar. While some may have been upset I'd let him stay in his costume, I thought how wonderful that he sang the responses, said the prayers, kneeled reverently at the tabernacle and bowed in front of the altar. He's only four and at least he's at church participating. So for all of you out there struggling with bringing your child to church...remember that at least you made it there and are doing what you can to bring your child to Christ.

May you have peace in your life today and everday.

4 comments:

Peg said...

Congratulations on your new blog...don't mind my screen name. I love the first post as it is such a typical Ben story. He is too funny! I'm looking forward to future posts. Have fun!
:)
Peg'n

Mary B said...

Yah! for you! It will be great fun even if its just for a few of us.

jbrazeau said...

Go Ben, all he needs is a lightsaber..... contomplates tourturing you by getting him one.

Christine said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Joan. I will be checking in periodically..when my own crazy life gives me opportunity.

Be Blessed

Christine