Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A New Beginning Soon!

Well, it is really happening! I am leaving RBA/Brooks Brothers this week. As with all endings it is bittersweet. I will miss all the wonderful people I have worked with over the last 8 years. I have learned so much from them. I must admit though that there are always reasons for leaving and it is my time to do that.

The really downside to this is the cleaning of my "condo" cube. I have inherited over the years many different filing cabinets, reports, and junk. I have been purging. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I have found. Like the floppy disks for a presentation...Who even uses floppies anymore? I handed them over to someone else to dispose of. Today I met with a small team from here to go over various responsibilities...I felt like I was at confession and now I feel all squeaky clean. What a feeling.

The future is exciting and I am looking forward to my first day with the Westfield School Dept. It will be challenging and new and I smile every time I think about it.

On the family group page we have been discussing cost saving measures. I'm hoping that I can implement at least the not using the dryer option. I already tend to buy on sale only. Now we need to teach Ben about the economy. He is way too spoiled. My neighbor suggested I start posting things on craigslist. Need to look into that, but I am just not ready to go through the attic. I'll do that futuristically.

Well, Peace to all who read this email today...Happy saving!
Joan

No comments: