Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Realizations

Today was a moment where I realized I have SO much to learn.

My manager is great and is gently reminding me that it is okay to sit back and absorb what is going on around me. Not everything is my responsibility to deal with. My gut is telling me to "DIVE IN JOAN. GET IT IN GEAR. "

I have always had a job where there was the expectation that you dug in right away. I'm not saying I'm not digging in, but I am just not buried under the job before I even get started. That is a new experience for me. A welcomed change!

The change does feel right but I do miss all of my friends at RBA. I miss my lunches with TF, JT and SB. I miss talking through the cube to LR.

Hey my payroll friends, I met my new payroll friends...I'm sure I'll like them as much as I like you guys. Oh, guess what...I heard, but haven't found yet... there is a lending library here too. We can expand your options too. I'll let you know what I find.

No real Ben stories today other than he is learning to swim. He is now putting his face in the water. Tramatic day with a sliver today. I swear you would have thought I was amputating his foot with all the crying and carrying on he did. I wanted to tell him that he didn't cry that much when he broke his leg!

This weekend is family picnic at my Aunt in Granby. It'll be great to see everyone. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Peace to all who read this post today and everyday.
Joan

3 comments:

mary said...

When did he break his leg??? How did I miss this. Glad you're fitting into the new job so easily. Just keep smiling. Schmitzee

BlessedMomto1 said...

He broke his leg on May 5, 2006, playing soccer.

BlessedMomto1 said...

He broke his leg on May 5, 2006, playing soccer.