Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What a week!

I know it has been a while since I've posted, but what a crazy week! I have been officially offered the position I'd been working on getting for quite a while now. YEAH. That meant, Monday I had to give my notice. After three days of discussions with various members of management I reaffirmed my decision to leave. This was a very difficult decision, because I am comfortable where I am, but truly need to make this change.
Home ... well we are still under reconstruction from the tree. This is the beginning of construction...last year...


Now the inside looks like this...


The end is nowhere in site!


Ben while helping said to me..."Mom, if you're good, I'll buy you a jewel." I, of course, thanked him, but then he said..."Mom, can you buy me a brother?" Whoa there! Slow down! It took us 10 years to have him and now he wants me to go to the store to buy a brother! If only! Our electrician/friend who heard this said "Ben, be careful, because when you go to the store they don't tell you if you purchased a brother or a sister. You find out when you get home. You might get stuck with a sister." Ben was horrified! Off the hook! (at least for now).


Here is a cute picture of Ben working construction here on the house tonight. Please notice his safety glasses and hard hat. We want him safe in the construction site we call home.


Peace to all who read this blog today and everyday!
Joan

2 comments:

Mary B said...

Oh Joanie he is so cute! and I've very proud of you for quitting a Phil for all his work there.

I do have girls he can borrow or maybe David could visit.

Peg said...

Congrats on the new job..so happy for you! That's hilarious about Ben wanting a new brother. I love that he thought twice about winding up with a little sister.