Thursday, June 19, 2008

Never enough sleep

Why is it that no matter what time I go to bed, I'm still tired? Is it the bed? Is it my thyroid condition? Could it be the stress?

Ben last night was so tired, yet wouldn't fall asleep until about 8:30. He did not have a nap so he should have been able to crash about 7. Which would have meant I could have crashed by 7:05. No such luck. I did finally go to sleep after 9 which is still early, but I'm yawning away.

Ben is just a doll though. Poor kid had an accident, because I forgot to remind him to go to the bathroom before bed. He's so grown up already because, he changed his clothes...put the dirty ones in the laundry room...then told me the bed was wet. I said to him (not really thinking it was wet due to past experience) to just use his blankets and we'd fix it in the morning. Well, this morning I checked on him, he covered the wet spot with the other sheet and was curled up in his blanket sound asleep. Yes, the bed was wet. That's what I get for not listening, buy hey it was 2 in the morning!

Tonight we are meeting regarding the 2009 Camp Show. We are not on the committee (I am grateful for that), but we are advisors to the chairmen so we are off to do our duty. Besides, I really enjoy Frank & Diane and miss seeing them each week. They are making us dinner besides. What is also great is they are totally in love with Ben so that makes it easy for us to be there with him. They GET what it is like to be so involved and have a little one.

Sheila's wedding is just a few weeks away now. I'm very excited for her. I still have not found THE outfit. Not sure why my outfit matters, but want to look good. The sitter emailed that she could stay overnight if we want to get a hotel room. That might be fun for Phil & I. Need to look into that.

Well everyone, have a wonderful day today.

Peace to all who read this blog!
Love Ya
Joan

3 comments:

mary said...

I keep envisioning Sheila as a toddler walking down the hallway of Rose William & into my dorm room in September of 1985. My where did the time go??? That was how I became acquainted with the Murphy Clan. You'll find the right outfit when you least expect it. Have fun shopping!
Schmitzee :)

BlessedMomto1 said...

I'm glad you keep checking my blog. I hope you are doing well. Let me know when your next trip south is. I'd love to see you!
Joan

Mary B said...

Don't forget she said not to avoid blue for her sake. Have to say 'm glad I finally got an outfit but I keep stealing Lissa's shoes!