Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall

This is my favorite time of year. Things that I love about it
1. The cool, crisp feel to the air
2. The taste of apples
3. Snuggling up in a blanket with tea
4. The sound of walking through the leaves (yes some of ours have begun to fall)
5. Football season, means lots of family time

Today as a family we took a short nap. We really needed it. We had quite the exciting morning. My in-laws renewed their wedding vows at the 9:00 am mass. I was up by 5:30 cooking for a brunch that we hosted for a small group of their friends. Great new recipe that I'm going to use for the holidays. Hash Brown Casserole. It has like 600 calories per serving, but delicious! It was truly a hit. The last group left around 1:30ish. Once up from our naps we took a walk. It was short, but really nice. The sun is out and we saw neighbors out in their yards or walking. I love fall.

We used our new room today...It is really coming along. It fit three eight foot tables with room to spare. I'm looking forward to hosting Christmas. There will be plenty of room for everyone! It is hard for me to believe that Ben is going to be five years old in just a few months. Time goes by so quickly.

Well, off to do some more cleanup here.

Peace to all who read this blog today and everday!
Joan

1 comment:

Mary B said...

I can hardly wait to see your room!