Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pajama Day

While reading emails at my family group page we were discussing a girls night and making it a Pajama Party. Those of you who know me really well know that I LOVE to hang out in my pajamas. Preferably my nice and cosy flannel ones. I love doing this so much that for years I try to have at least three to four Pajama Days each year.

You may be asking yourself what a Pajama Day is. It is different for everyone, but for me it is pure bliss. I hang out in my most comfortable pajamas all day. The only things I try to accomplish on a pajama day are:
1. A Nap
2. Read a few chapters of a book
3. Have a cup of tea
4. Connect with my sisters and Best Friend
5. Extra cuddle time with Ben (although he really is not interested now that he is almost 5)

Before Ben and when Phil was in the Air Force this day was usually when Phil had his Reserve Weekend. Since Ben I am not able to enjoy this as much, but Ben does already have an appreciation for Pajama Day, much to Phil's dismay. Pajama Day's are much easier in the weekend when I already have a tendance to want to stay home.

Now that I am writing about this, it is making me LONG for a Pajama Day. Maybe Columbus Day weekend when we are at the campground. Otherwise I know I won't be able to have one until November. Something to look forward to.

Well, to the few of you who read this blog...plan your own pajama day soon! You'll be surprised how great it makes you feel.

Peace to all who read this blog today and everyday.
Joan

No comments: