Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's amazing what you find...

Okay, so this morning I decided to tackle my closet. As many of you know, our house does not have big closets and somehow I have more clothes than I have room for. So here are some things that I found....

1. A christmas present for Phil that is probably five years old that I never gave him. (Sorry honey, consider it an early christmas give this year.)
2. The appraisal write up on our house. No not the house we live in now that we have been in for five years, but our first house...that we bought almost 13 years ago! Why I would move and put just that document in my closet is an unknown.
3. A baby basket...I must explain, it is the bassinet style basket that was made for the cards at the babyshower that my MIL through for me. Her sister made it and I just can not part with it. It is full with all the cards we received when all of you heard we were FINALLY pregnant, when my showers occurred and for Ben's christening. I cannot part with ANY OF IT. So I put it back in my closet. It is worth the space. I found some unbelieve notes...from Ben's godmother, my best friend and sister of my heart (I am really glad God put you in my life) and all of my family. I showed it all to Ben. He didn't get it, but maybe someday he will.
4. A baby Blanket. It is the blanket that we used for his hospital picture. Did you know you didn't have to use the ugly backgrounds that they provide! I only found that out by luck because I asked for a different background. We used his star blanket. Since he was born on christmas and one of the themes for the shower was stars...
5. Shoes...lots and lots of shoes. Some don't even fit me. Some aren't even mine. Sorry Peg....I think I have at least TWO pair of your shoes. I've put them in a bag for you.
6. A curtain - brand new that I bought for Sheila's room when she was living here, but never put up.
7. Purses. I never thought I had a thing for purses but I think I do. I know I tend to stick with just one, but I have lots at least 10. But do you think I have on small black purse for those special occassions...NO! Hummmm, maybe that will have to be my next purchase.
8. Coat Hangers...I think they reproduce in there. I mean, I go through for them every couple of weeks it seems yet there they all were either on the floor or between clothes.

Of course I found lots of dust and such things, but I feel a little better that I purged some of the stuff hidden in my closet.

Next weekend we are having a tag sale on Saturday. I don't think I am up for a two-day tag sale. I'll have to see.

Peace to all who read this blog today and everyday.
Joan

2 comments:

Mary B said...

Good for you going through all those things and yes, you save everyone of those cards. Even me, in my unsentimental-old age has a box or more for each one.

Oh and I hate 2 day tags sales. Everything left at 4PM goes to Good Will (or Big Brothers/Big Sisters or Broderick House)

BlessedMomto1 said...

Tag Sale Update...It all went to Good Will because for two weekends that I tried to have the tag sale it rained.

At least it will go to someone who needs it.