Saturday, December 20, 2008

Almost five is Great!

Having an almost five year old is so much fun! We have been working on saying prayers each night before bed. Not just the Our Father, but a prayer of thanks. Well, the other night as Ben began thanking God for everything in the whole world, he began to list all the things in the whole world like...the filter in the fish tank, the door to his room, his dresser. Cuter things were the roof over our heads and food in our bellies. He listed things for five minutes. I finally had to tell him to wrap it up. (Mainly I was trying not to laugh and needed to leave the room before I did.)

Today, we had Ben's friend birthday party. It was supposed to be last night, but because of the bad weather we had to postpone until today. Luckily Ben's two best buddies, Mateusz and Brady, were able to make it along with a his cousin Leslie, friends Sam and Courtney. It was a lot of fun. Ben wanted a Spider themed party. When I ordered the cake to have a spider web and spider, they confirmed that I didn't want Spiderman. I politely said, no just a spider with eight legs and web please. I made gift bags with spider rings, plastic spiders, spider tatoos, and candy. We also played, pin the spider on the web which I made. That was loads of fun.

Ben was great about saying thank you for the gifts, but then was annoyed when people didn't leave quick enough because he knew he couldn't build his new legos until they all left. So, Lego building took place and now he is happily playing. My heart is full!

Well, with the holidays I haven't been able to post as often. Forgive me!

Peace to all who read this blog today and everyday!
Joan

2 comments:

Mary B said...

Love that boy!

mary said...

I think it's great that you had a spider cake knowing your "love" of spiders. I can't believe he's now 5-wow. Schmitzee